CHAMPS Peer Mediators
Champs Stands for “Conflict Happens and Mediation Provides Solutions”
When students are having a problem, they can request to meet with the Champs. Champs are fifth grade students who have been selected to help other students solve problems in an objective way.
A Champ Peer Mediator is:
- A Good listener
- Maintains confidentiality
Process for Meeting with the Champs:
Congratulations to our New Champs Peer Mediators for the 2016-17 school year:
- Complete a referral form and return to Miss Johnson mailbox.
- Miss Johnson reviews the form and selects a few peer mediators.
- Student Peer Mediation session takes place during the fifth grade lunch period.
- Session takes place in the Guidance Office.
- A follow-up session is held if the problem solvers agree this additional step will be necessary.